Protein Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe shows you how to make the most delicious homemade cinnamon rolls while sneaking in some extra nutrition.
It’s fall, so you know what that means. Warm, delicious baked goods and decadent seasonal drinks are everywhere you turn.
It gets even better though. What if I told you that you could make mouthwatering protein-packed cinnamon rolls from the comfort of your own home? They’re filling, nutritious, and tasty!
This recipe is one that’s close to home. Cinnamon rolls have been a family treat for a long time in my household. This recipe is perfect for any occasion. Maybe you want a quick breakfast or a sweet post-workout snack, whatever the reason, these cinnamon rolls will get the job done. Take them to a party, eat them around a warm campfire in the crisp fall air, the possibilities are INFINIT.
This recipe uses my personal Custom Protein blend. It’s made with egg white protein powder and flavored lightly with vanilla, making it the perfect option to pump up the protein in all of your baking endeavors. You won’t even be able to tell that there’s protein powder in these because they’re that good! You get to enjoy all of the nutrition without sacrificing any flavor.
Each cinnamon roll has 7 grams of protein and a little bit of fiber so that you’re sure to stay full and fueled. This recipe has the perfect mix of protein, carbs, and BCAAs, ensuring that you get the most from your workouts each time.
You, your taste buds, and even your muscles will be thanking you when you give these cinnamon rolls a try!
What You'll Need
Stand or hand mixer with whisk and dough attachment, 2 large bowls, cake pan (at least 9 x 9), rolling pin, knife or bench scraper
Serving size: 1 cinnamon roll
Yields 12 cinnamon rolls
- ¾ cup warm milk (whole milk or 2% preferred) (110 degrees F)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons quick rise or active yeast (1/4-ounce package yeast)
- 1 T granulated sugar
- ¾ cup INFINIT Custom vanilla egg white protein (12 T + 2 T oil)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 ¾ cups bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Add wet ingredients, sugar, and yeast into a large bowl or stand mixer and mix until combined. Add in flour, protein powder, and salt.
- Knead by hand, or if using a stand mixer by using a dough hook at medium speed, for about 8 minutes. Dough should be slightly sticky, but should not stick to sides or bottom of bowl.
- Place the dough ball into well-oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel. Place in a warm area to rise for about 1 hour. Dough should double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer to a well floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a large rectangular sheet (~¼ inch thick).
- Mix butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a paste and cover the dough sheet evenly.
- Roll dough tightly into a log and seal the edges best as possible.
- Using a bench scraper or knife, cut into 1 inch sections to create the rolls.
- Place rolls onto a greased or buttered pan. Cover again and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and bake for 14-16 minutes until a golden crust forms.
- While cinnamon rolls are cooking prepare icing. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy.
- Next, add in powdered sugar and mix until just combined. Add vanilla extract and beat for an additional 3 to 4 minutes to meet desired icing consistency.
- Once cinnamon rolls have cooled down, add icing and enjoy!