Peppermint Mocha Protein Muffins
Season's eatings with a protein-packed twist
So, it is officially the holiday season! And what would the season truly be without holiday treats? There’s candies, there’s gummies, there’s pies...but what about a treat that can also serve as a pre- or post-workout snack?! The answer to that question would be: muffins. And not just any muffins...Peppermint Mocha MUD muffins.
We’ve decided to spice up the best holiday flavor combination with PROTEIN Peppermint Mocha Muffins, using INFINIT Nutrition’s MUD Peppermint Mocha Supplement powder.
Muffins are the perfect baked good for someone who has elite nutrition goals but also wants to honor their sweet-treat cravings and enjoy food around the holidays! With a light, fluffy texture these muffins can leave you feeling fueled without the heaviness of a super-sweet treat.
Over at INFINIT we are ALL about staying true to your fitness goals. With the special edition of the MUD blend, we are certain that the grass-fed Whey protein, natural chocolate, and omega-3 rich flax seed ingredients will BOOST your typical muffin recipe and leave you feeling fueled and satisfied!
WHY INFINIT MUD BLEND?
INFINIT’s MUD blend, is a pre-workout meal supplement and recovery drink that is LOADED with protein, natural chocolate, ground flax, and 3 different carb sources...in peppermint mocha flavor!
Just one scoop of MUD Peppermint Mocha has 11g of grass-fed Whey protein isolate, and omega-3 rich flaxseed. Containing a special blend of exotic coffees (made especially for INFINIT), this supplement yields a tasty flavor and gives you a caffeine jolt just as a good ‘ol cup of joe would.
MUD Blends are perfect for those looking for a morning boost, a jolt when you hit that afternoon-wall, or even for recovery after a long run or ride.
You can order yours here.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Okay, getting back to business...how do you make the flavorful protein-packed muffins? You’ll first need to assemble the ingredients. You’ll need:
- INFINIT MUD protein blend (Peppermint Mocha flavor)
- Whole Wheat flour
- Cocoa powder
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- An egg
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Maple Syrup
- Almond Milk
- Peppermint extract
- Dark chocolate chips
- Crushed up candy cane/peppermint
After the ingredients are assembled, it’s time to make the perfect muffins. You’ll need the oven to be around 400 F, and will need to line or even grease a muffin tin. We recommended using a fun-patterned cupcake/muffin liner...they’ll not only be easier to take out of the tin, but ALSO festive :)
Once the muffin tin is lined and the oven is preheated, you can start to make the batter. Mix the wet ingredients together first, and then fold in each dry ingredient slowly. The batter should be a runny-spongy texture, and should pour easily into each individual spot on the muffin tin.
Set those bad-boys in the oven for about 13-15 mins, and check to see if they are done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If it comes out clean--they are good to go!
Let them cool for about 15 mins or so and then you can dig-in. Let the Holiday festivities begin!
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (can sub for Gluten-free flour)
- ¼ cup 100% cocoa powder
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (plain, unsweetened)
- 2 scoops INFINIT’s MUD Peppermint Mocha supplement
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint (or candy canes)
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Prepare muffin tin by greasing or lining. We recommend lining, or greasing the tin with coconut oil.
- Mix together the wet ingredients: almond milk, egg, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, peppermint extract. Stir.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, MUD supplement, baking soda, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased or lined muffin tins, filling about ¾ the way.
- Bake for 13-15 mins (or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center)
- Sprinkle muffins with crushed peppermint/candy canes immediately after out of the oven (DON’T place them on before baking)
- Wait ~15 mins for muffins to cool, and enjoy!
Milk: you can sub the almond milk for any milk.
Flour: It is possible to sub the whole wheat flour for white flour, just anticipate the muffins have a denser texture. You can substitute for a 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour.
Egg: make 1 Flax egg in place of regular egg.
Maple Syrup: You may use honey in this recipe if you so please!
Nuts: Add nuts to the batter to add some texture/extra flavor.
Mini: cut the baking time in half if you wish to bake mini muffins.