I spend a great deal of my time talking to customers. I like staying in touch with what is going on in the sports we support, and also getting feedback from people. Occasionally I get the comment “INFINIT is kinda on the expensive side, but well worth it!” That got me thinking (a dangerous thing), how does INFINIT compare on a cost basis when looking at other companies?
Let’s break it down in a simple way, a 100 mile ride that takes 6 hours:
Method #1: “The old-school pocket full of stuff method”
- 6 bottles of a sports drink @ $1.50 = $8.00. A total of 900 calories, 800mg sodium and no protein
- 4 gels @ $1.25 = $5.00. A total of 400 calories, 500mg of sodium and no protein
- 1 bar @ $1.25. 250 calories, 240mg of sodium and 9g or protein.
- 1550 calories
- 1540 mg of sodium
- 9g of protein
While this “system” can certainly work, it is very difficult to keep you gut consistent throughout the day. Many times age-groupers will do too much and your gut will shut down. Other times they may not do enough and have the dreaded bonk. Then there is that “trying to get down an energy bar in 90 degree heat after 4+ hours in the saddle”. There’s nothing quite like the enjoyment of chewing on the same bite for 20 minutes, and we’ve all been there.
In any case, not only will you have to keep track of all of these various components, but alsoYOU MUST CARRY WATER to wash all of this stuff down. Remember, if you drink your sports drink on top of a gel or a bar, you are going to end up with a thick sludge of goo in your gut that will NOT process. Your body then has to go into digestive mode, pull water out from where it should be used (to keep your body cool and muscles working properly) to dilute the sludge in order to get it to pass. This digestive process will cause you to dehydrate and loose performance.
Method #2: 6 bottles of INFINIT’s Endurance custom blend @ $1.75 = $10.50
- $10.50 (37% LESS than gels, drinks, salt pills and bars)
- 1680 Calories (More calories)
- 2,250mg of sodium (68% MORE sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium)
- 24gms of protein (266% MORE protein)
Drink your stuff…ride your bike.
66% of the cost
So next time that you think that INFINIT is more expensive, remember this.
- INFINIT delivers an all-in-one delivery system that custom-blended to taste how YOU want.
- More calories in an Isotonic form that is guaranteed to give you zero problems.
- Enough electrolytes to throw away that pocket full of salt pills.
- Enough protein to keep you from getting hungry all day long.
- All of this at a MUCH lower price than other products.
There…now I feel better. :)