Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- Feb 23, 2022
Why toss out bananas going bad when you can make a sweet treat with added protein instead!
We worked to perfect this recipe for your perfect banana bread protein muffins (with chocolate chips for all of the chocolate lovers out there). These take less than 10 minutes to prep and only 16-18 minutes to cook. They are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, pre or post-workout, a quick snack at work, or even a great treat to bring to a party.
This recipe includes our RAW Protein blend, adding 2.2 g protein per muffin. Can be substituted with vanilla-flavored Custom Protein or REPAIR blends as well.
Yield: 9 muffins
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅔ cup RAW protein powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium-large sized bananas
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tbsp molasses
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray Muffin Pan with non-stick spray
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add egg, light brown sugar, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredient mixture and mix until combined.
- Fill muffin tin to nearly the top.
- Bake muffins at 400 for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown colored. Insert toothpick until it comes out clean to check readiness.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
About the Author
Leah Maschino is a 2021-2022 Dietetic student intern who currently is completing her final undergraduate year at the University of Cincinnati and is preparing to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN). INFINIT Nutrition is proud to partner with the University of Cincinnati's Coordinated Program in Dietetics to provide our next generation of nutrition professionals an opportunity to spend time with the INFINIT Team and gain real-life experience of working at a sports nutrition company.